Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Some cost saving ideas.

The other day my wife and I went to buy groceries. She had taken the time to cut out a lot of coupons. Our bill before the coupons was $107, and then they started to subtract the coupons. The final bill totaled $91, saving us $16 dollars. If you buys groceries twice a month, you can save somewhere around $380 a year.

Something else we do, to save money on children’s clothing, is swap clothes. My oldest child has a cousin a year younger; we have been giving her clothes for a very long time. Plus we have friends who have daughters who are older than my daughter and we have gotten clothes from them. Last winter someone gave my wife tons of clothes that were perfect for my youngest. We didn’t have to buy any summer clothes this year for her. I have no idea how much that saves people, but it’s huge. When we are totally done with these clothes we take them to the Goodwill or we might have a garage sale. When the garage sale is all done we load everything up and take it to Goodwill. When you’re buying clothes for kids, Goodwill is a great way to get what you need and not pay retail prices for things.

I hear a lot of people say Walmart is a bad company and they run the small guy out of business, sometimes this may be true. I think in times that are very tight for the normal person, it's important to remember you need to save every dollar that you can.

Something I’m working on is to enter the Columbus Day’s Parade. My plan is to make some banner that says Moore Money. I also ordered magnets to hand out to the crowd. Another project I’m working on is expanding to real estate. I have found a nice property that needs some TLC. I can get it for a reasonable price and should be able to rent it out or even might try selling it to see if I can get a quick return on my money. Time will tell. They told us they will sell to a person who wants to live there first. If no one puts in an offer then I can put my offer into the company.

Well that is all for tonight. Take care and if you think it’s a bargain, think twice and do the math. If it’s good, jump on it. Otherwise take a step back and see if you really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment